Women’s Best produce a number of weight loss and sports nutrition products. The most popular are Burner capsules and Slim capsules. These are included in their Weight Loss Bundle along with the Slim Body Shake and BCAA Amino
Who are Women’s Best?
Women’s Best is a supplement manufacturer based in Austria.
The company produces a number of health and wellness products including protein shakes, vitamin pills, and weight loss pills and shakes.
Everything the company produces is intended for women and, as the name suggests.
I will review the two capsule based weight loss products in their Weight Loss Bundle. The contents of the bundle do change from time to time and country to country.
This review is a little different in layout to what we usually do as we are trying give information on several products rather than delve into the complexities of an individual product.
Womens Best Burner Review
According to the Burner Caps sales page, the capsules offer four main benefits:
- Boosts the metabolic rate
- Quickly absorbed fat targeting formula
- Increases energy levels
- Provides Maximum results
Positives: Good company profile
Negatives: Not a multi benefit diet product
Summary: A very nice looking brand but lacks substance in my opinion. If you are in search of female focused fat burner then we have a recommendation for you.
We’ve taken a look at the formulation and don’t see any Bioperine or other ingredient that is likely to speed up the absorption rate.
Nor are there any ingredients present that would be more beneficial for women than men, but several of the ingredients are capable of speeding up the metabolism.
The blend also contains some caffeine to provide extra energy, so most of the claims Women’s Best make for Burner Caps are likely to be true.
It is a little strange to look at the specs offered for a fat burning pill and not see fat burning included, but a few good fat burners are present in the formulation and any diet pill that speeds up the metabolism will always increase the chances of fat burning.
Calories are the body’s primary fuel and a faster metabolism burns them more freely. When they run out the body still requires energy so it starts burning fat instead.
Women’s Best Burner Caps Ingredients
Three capsules provide:
- Green Tea Extract (300mg): Green tea’s ability to boost the metabolism and improve fat oxidation has been proven by science and the antioxidants it provides are very good for the health.
- Green Coffee Bean Extract (300mg): A good ingredient that provides a fat-fighting chemical called chlorogenic acid that can assist weight loss in two ways. First of all it quiets the cravings for sweet food and then it accelerates the fat burning process by stimulating thermogenesis.
- Guarana Extract (300mg): A fruit extract that delivers caffeine to the body at a slow and steady rate. This allows guarana to be a good long-term energy provider. Caffeine is also a proven metabolism booster and the dose provided here is the equivalent of three cups of coffee.
- Caffeine Anhydrous (250mg): A faster acting form of caffeine that only works for the short-term. By the time the effects wear off the guarana will have kicked-in, so it’s a sensible pairing of ingredients.
- L-Tyrosine (150mg): An amino acid that is believed to improve protein synthesis.
- Yerba Mate Tea Powder (100mg): A South American plant extract that adds an extra dose of caffeine to the mix.
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract (100mg): An ingredient that has known value as an anti-depressant and may also be good for fighting fatigue.
- Cayenne Pepper (100mg): A respected weight loss provider that has proven fat burning abilities.
- Alpha Lipoic Acid (100mg): Despite the many claims for ALA’s prowess as a slimming aid, there is no proof that it works. ALA is a heart-friendly ingredient though, so it’s presence here is not without value.
- Choline (100mg): A focus enhancer that is popular with the manufacturers of nootropic supplements.
- Vitamin B5 (12.3mg), Vitamin B9 (400µg), Biotin (100µg),Vitamin B12 (7.5µg): B Vitamins are often added to weight loss supplements because they are known to aid the metabolism.
How to Take
Three capsules are required each day:
- One capsule with breakfast
- One capsule with lunch
- One capsule before 5pm in the afternoon
The capsules should always be washed down with a large glass of water and it is important to consume two to three litres of water throughout the day. Best results will be achieved by combining use of the product with a healthy, low-calorie diet and regular exercise.
Women’s Best Burner Caps Customer Testimonials
No customer feedback was available at the time of this review.
Women’s Best Burner Caps Side Effects
According to the manufacturer’s website, side effects should not be a problem, but the formulation is unlikely to be suitable for anyone who is pregnant or nursing a child.
People who have existing health issues should play it safe, and check with their GP, before attempting to lose weight with Burner Caps. The same advice is offered to anyone who is taking medication.
Where to Buy Burner Caps
Burner Caps are only available from the manufacturer’s website and a 40-day supply of pills costs $39.90 (£30). It is also possible to buy Burner Caps as part of a “weight loss bundle” that costs $99.90 (£76) and pairs the product with an appetite suppressant called Slim, and a meal replacement called Slim Body Shake.
Ladies who decide to buy the weight loss bundle also receive a few freebies:
- Women’s Best Drink Shaker
- Step-by-Step Weight Loss Plan
- Home Workout Routine (e-book)
- Gym Workout Plan (e-book)
- $10 Gift card (to use on the next order)
Burner Caps is not backed by a money back guarantee.
Burner Caps contains some good ingredients that should help improve the fat burning process, but there are no appetite suppressing ingredients included.
If customers wish to take the edge off their appetites they will need to buy a bottle of Women’s Best Slim or a similar product from a competing supplier.
That will more or less double the costs involved. Some other manufacturers have found ways to provide multiple benefits via a single pill. That’s a good way to keep the price down.
It’s a pity Women’s Best couldn’t have done the same. Burner Caps is a good product, but it offers limited potential. There are better ways to lose weight.
Women’s Best Slim
Women’s Best Slim is an appetite suppressant containing glucomannan.
Women’s Best is a supplement company that markets its products with the promise that they are specially designed for women.
Women’s Best have many products in their portfolio including hair-enhancing vitamin pills, protein-providing confectionery, beauty-enhancing collagen drinks, and several other unusual products. Despite our views on this particular product (Slim) we like Women’s Best as a company.
Claims: To suppress appetite using glucomannan
Positives: Good ingredient profile, reputable company
Negatives: A bit confusing with regard to ingredient quantity.
The Advertised benefits are:
- Reduces the appetite
- Makes you feel full for longer
- Supports fat metabolism
- Contributes to fast weight loss
How to Take
Women’s Best state the capsules need to be washed down with a full glass of water, and two doses are needed per day:
- One capsule in the morning
- Two capsules with lunch
Women’s Best also state it is important to drink two to three litres of water each day. They also point out exercise and a proper diet will be required.
Women’s Best Slim Ingredients
According to the official sales page, Slim provides 3.002g of glucomannan, but the way the information is presented is very vague, and it seems unlikely the figure mentioned is not accurate, but we’ll return to this issue a little later on in our review.
Glucomannan is a water-soluble fibre taken from the roots of a plant (konjac). When glucomannan fibres are combined with water they soak up the moisture very fast and expand.
The rate of expansion is considerable and when the effect happens in the stomach it creates a feeling of fullness that is very good for curbing the desire for food. The best thing about the ingredient is numerous studies show that it works. Its use as an appetite suppressant has also been approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA).
When it comes to appetite suppression, glucomannan has credentials that are second to none, but it is important the ingredient is used in the correct way, so the EFSA have issued guidelines regarding its use.
The guidelines state glucomannan must be used in conjunction with a calorie controlled diet and state it will only be effective if three (1000mg) doses are taken each day, 30 minutes before eating the three main meals of the day. They also recommend each dose be consumed with one to two large glasses of water.
Here’s where we have a problem with Women’s Best Slim. First of all, although the company is suggesting the capsules be consumed with an adequate amount of water, and is pushing the need for diet and exercise, everything else is wrong.
For starters, they fail to explain if “3.002mg” is the amount provided by each capsule or the amount that will be consumed in a day.
We are guessing it refers to the daily dose, but there appears to be a typo on the Slim sales page. Is the quantity really only “3.002mg” or is it 3002mg? We are guessing the latter because it is a good match for the guidelines set out by the EFSA.
If we are wrong the dose will be too low and the pills will not work. If we are right the lunchtime dose may be dangerously high. There will also be a lack of support during the evenings, so the temptation to overeat will remain.
We seriously question if the people at Women’s Best know what they are doing. They have chosen one of the best appetite suppressant available and seem clueless about its correct use. If they genuinely believe it will not work as well for men as it does for women they are wrong about that as well.
Women’s Best Slim Side Effects
Women’s Best don’t mention if side effects are likely to be an issue, but the FAQs page on the company website contains a blanket statement that all their products are safe.
Unfortunately, the fact that Women’s Best appear to be suggesting a dose of 2000mg of glucomannan at lunchtime presents genuine cause for concern. This is double the amount the EFSA recommend.
We feel such a high dose may be unwise and suggest all potential users visit their GP, and get advice on the matter, before purchasing this product and taking such a high dose.
Where to Buy Women’s Best Slim
Women’s Best Slim is only available from the manufacturer’s website and each 40-serving bottle costs $34.90 (£26.50).
Slim is also included in a weight loss package that is priced at $99.90 (£76) and contains the company’s fat burning product and 40 servings of their meal replacement shake.
A few extras are also offered to make the package seem more attractive:
- A Drink Shaker
- Step-by-Step Weight Loss Plan
- Two e-books (Home Workout Routine + Gym Workout Plan)
- $10 Gift card
There is a 30-day returns policy (for unopened products), but no money back guarantee.
Slim contains a very good appetite suppressing ingredient, but we have doubts about how much is included and are seriously worried about the way Women’s Best are saying it should be used.
If each capsule contains 1000mg of glucomannan they should work, but our advice would be to scrap the usage instructions provided by the manufacturer and follow the guidelines issued by the EFSA instead.