MERRY MARINARA NOODLES
A cool pasta dish for a warm summer day, this simple recipe takes homemade zucchini noodles and tops them with a light sauce that combines fresh and sun-dried tomatoes with lemon and dates.
- 6 medium zucchini, ends trimmed
Merry Marina Sauce
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup (20 grams) sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in water to cover for 2 to 3 hours, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup (120 milliliters) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 dates, soaked in water to cover for 2 to 3 hours, drained and pitted
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
1. Use a spiral slicer or mandoline to make the zucchini noodles. Cut each zucchini into ribbon- or spaghetti-shaped noodles and place them into a large bowl.
2. For the sauce, combine all other ingredients into a food processor and pulse until well-combined, but still chunky.
3. Top noodles with sauce and toss to coat. Divide amongst bowls and top with Plentiful Pine Nut Parmesan. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.