For years, you thought ditching the soda and drinking store-bought juice was doing something healthy for yourself. Then, you started reading labels and researching ingredients, and were mortified by what you were finding. So, you bought a high-speed blender, and started making your own smoothies and juices with fresh ingredients. You definitely noticed the difference! So, now you are hearing all this discussion about cold-pressed juices, and your curiosity is piqued. Are they really so much better than what you are already drinking?
What Is Cold-Pressed Juice?
“Elixir” is definitely the word you are hearing floating around juice bars and in the lobby of your yoga studio. You have probably heard cold-pressed juices associated with cleansing and detox, weight loss, immune boosting properties, and liver enzymes. Sounds great, but are they really worth their price tag?
Fruits and vegetables are oxidized in the creation of traditional juices. The grinding action literally destroys enzymes. There is a reason why you can throw a bunch of ingredients in a Vitamix, turn it on high for 5 minutes, and have hot soup. The blades heat while they cut. As soon as you slice a fruit, nutrients are lost.
True to their name, cold-pressed juices are just that: pressed! This allows all the nutrients and enzymes to stay intact, thereby fueling your body with the absolute healthiest juice possible.
- Balance – Cold-pressed juices are especially essential during the holiday season because they will help balance out those heavy meals and drinks.
- Digestion – Minimal digestive energy is required to process juice pressed from raw fruits and vegetables. It is essentially pretty much digested already, so it’s easy on your system.
- Nutrients – You are at a holiday party, and all your favorite indulgences are staring you in the face. So, you skip your salad and pass on the vegetable tray to make room for the special treats that only come around once a year. This is the season when people are most prone to illness. You need your nutrients. Drink them down in a single shot, like what you get in our Booster 6-Pack.
- Liver Cleansing – The liver is probably the most overworked and unappreciated organ in the body. All the toxins you are exposed to every day end up in your liver. Doesn’t it deserve to be cleaned out occasionally with a cold-pressed juice cleanse?
- Feel Great – “You are what you eat!” is a saying you probably laughed at when you were young. Once you fuel your body the right away, you see just how good you are capable of feeling mentally and physically. You will have increased energy and better mental clarity. Your stress will be reduced, and you will just feel better all around. Once you start drinking cold-pressed juices, you will agree that they are worth every penny, and then some. If you don’t invest in your health, who will?